Picking the best healthcare provider to best accommodate your needs is a top priority that everyone should have. But even more importantly, employees in the health industry need to pick a place of employment that best suits their needs as well so that they can thrive and help the healthcare facility they work for excel. The state of Virginia has a lot to offer, and they also have top quality hospitals that are great healthcare providers, as well as employers.
The state of Virginia is home to four nationally ranked hospitals in the United States, as well as several high performing hospitals in many different specialties. Here are the top five best hospitals to work for in Virginia.
1) Sentara Norfolk General Hospital, Norfolk. With two nationally ranked specialties and eight high-performing specialties, this hospital is ranked the best hospital in Virginia. As this hospital specializes in a variety of different things, its employees work well together to keep this hospital on top.
2) Virginia Commonwealth University Medical Center, Richmond. This hospital is ranked at the top in many adult specialties, and is one of the few in Virginia that is ranked at the top for pediatric specialties as well. Its patient satisfaction has been rated above average, due to the teamwork of doctors and nurses. This hospital shares a number one ranking with Sentara Norfolk General Hospital.
3) Inova Fairfax Hospital, Falls Church. This hospital is ranked number one in the Washington, D.C. metro area and is also nationally ranked in both adult and pediatric specialties. This healthcare facility also received top-notch ratings due to the teamwork and relationships developed between doctors and nurses and their patients.
4) University of Virginia Medical Center, Charlottesville. This teaching hospital is ranked fourth in Virginia and is also a nationally ranked hospital with adult specialties in Diabetes and Endocrinology. With high patient satisfaction ratings, this hospital is another prime example of the effect their employees have on their patients.
5) Winchester Medical Center, Winchester. This hospital is ranked number five in the state of Virginia, and is nationally recognized as a high-performing hospital in the United States. It is also recognized in the Shenandoah Valley as one of the top hospitals, and is high-performing across the board.
In healthcare settings, it is important to be around a group of people who work well together and thrive in their work environment as they work together as a team for the betterment of their patients. This is true both for the patients receiving care, as well as the employees that work for these healthcare facilities. Working in a healthy, positive atmosphere is essential when working in the medical field, especially in positions where the life and health of a patient is in your hands. Virginia is home to five of the best hospitals in the nation, and home to some that are even nationally recognized in both adult and pediatric specialties. You are guaranteed to find a great hospital with the perfect work envirionment.